How to improve your circulation? Your legs take you everywhere! Why not give your legs the support they need to perform their best?
improve your CIRCULATION. pros and cons.
Pros of good circulation
You want your blood to pump efficiently throughout your body! When your circulation works the way it should, you lower your blood pressure, you can control your healthy weight, your muscles get stronger, you can lower stress, reduce inflammation, and stops the development of diabetes, according to John Hopkins Medicine.
Cons of poor circulation?
It’s scary, but you could actually have an aneurysm and develop high blood pressure, atherosclerosis, and venous disease, based on research by Cleveland Clinic.
Maintain a healthy weight. If you have a healthy weight, you have good circulation. Excess weight can lead to fat buildup in the arteries. You know you have a healthy weight when you calculate your BMI.
Exercise regularly. Never skip leg day at the gym. But also consider running, walking, and swimming. In fact, any type of regular physical activity can help improve circulation by strengthening the heart, increasing blood flow, and keeping your blood vessels healthy. Try to squeeze 30 minutes five times a week into your busy schedule.
Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water prevents dehydration and poor blood circulation. When you hydrate your body, your heart can easily do its job, pumping blood through the muscles.
Eat a healthy diet. A balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein can help improve circulation by providing essential nutrients that support cardiovascular health. The yummy part: you can still indulge while keeping good circulation with garlic, ginger, citrus, and berries.
Manage stress. Stress can cause your blood vessels to constrict, which can lead to poor circulation. Find ways to manage stress, such as deep breathing exercises, meditation, or yoga.
Talk to your doctor before making any significant changes to your lifestyle, especially if you have a medical condition or take medication.
While many supplements claim to improve circulation, it’s essential to talk to your doctor before taking any supplements, especially if you have a medical condition or take medication. Here are some supplements that may help improve circulation:
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Fish oil supplements may help improve circulation by reducing inflammation and preventing blood clots. If you can’t stand fish, you can take omega-3 vegan supplements made of algae.
- Garlic: Garlic supplements may help improve circulation. They lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of blood clots.
- Coenzyme Q10: Coenzyme Q10 supplements may help improve circulation by improving the function of the heart and blood vessels.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E supplements may help improve circulation by preventing the formation of blood clots.
- Niacin: Niacin supplements, also known as vitamin B3, may help improve circulation by widening blood vessels and reducing cholesterol levels.
Special Thanks to Bestie, Bright Side, Daily Health Post, Respiratory Therapy Zone, and Health Normal.